“We worked with Amy while we were reworking our website and she provided all our copy for each one of our web pages. Working with her was truly wonderful! She was prompt on timelines, professional, kind and very good at what she does. She articulated things simply and wrote wonderfully. I would highly recommend her for any copywriting services needed.”
Bryan Dodge (President) and Nicole Macaluso (Marketing Director), Dodge Development Inc.
“Butch and I just wanted to tell you what a great job you did on the Pack Creek article. We think you communicated the essence of the experience very well, and we really liked how comprehensive your overview was. It is a real service to the locals to remind them what a amazing opportunity they have right there on their doorstep. And it worked! I just booked a local couple for a trip who had read your article and thought, yeah we’ve got to get out there. So, thanks again for doing such good work.”
Butch Laughlin & Sarah Dunlap
ALASKA FLY ‘n’ FISH CHARTERS
What do you want people to know about your business?
I work with clients– who range from small business owners to international organizations– as they develop and fine-tune their outreach strategies. As a communications professional with more than 15 years of experience, I know how to write copy that will engage diverse audiences across a variety of platforms. I’ve worked as a reporter and editor for both metro and community papers, as a speechwriter for federal agency heads, as a researcher and writer of multiple books, as a social media campaign manager for an international nonprofit, and as a web copy writer for individuals, organizations and businesses. I provide writing and editing services as well as light graphic and website design. If you think I can help get your message out there, please contact me for a no-obligation quote.
I write copy that sells ideas, services and products:
- Web page copy
- Marketing materials
- On-demand projects
I also provide light graphic and web design services, using InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress.
- Copyediting using Associated Press Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style
- HTML coding and light website design, and online database creation and monitoring, using Dreamweaver, WordPress, Drupal, Expression Engine, Caspio and Google Analytics
- Digital photography, audio and video manipulation using Photoshop, Lightroom, Gimp, Audacity, Soundslides and Final Cut
Previous web-based work
- From 2016 – present, I have created interactive AdobeSpark social media toolkits for campaigns such as International Women’s Day, 16 Days against Gender-Based Violence and International Day of the Girl.
- From 2016 – present, I have provided images and posts for USAID’s social media channels on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Medium.
- From 2014 – 2015, I served as the webmaster for the Intergovernmental Audit Forums.
- In 2014 I created the copy for the website of Bryan Dodge and Dodge Development, Inc.
- In 2013 I drafted the social media strategy for the International Journal of Government Auditing, and from 2014-15 I crafted content for its channels on Twitter and Facebook.
- I designed and edited the Government Accountability Office’s Diversity and Inclusion Newsletter.
- As the assistant editor of the INTOSAI’s International Journal of Government Auditing, from 2014 – 2016 I prepared content for the print and online editions of the Journal by working with writers, creating and editing copy, shooting and toning images, and laying out the publication using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Countries of the World: Vietnam (author; 2002, Gareth Stevens Publishing)
- Welcome to my Country: Vietnam (co-author; 2003, Gareth Stevens Publishing)
- Sleeping Safely with Your Baby (editor; 2005, Platypus Press)
- Received a six-week fellowship to the Maynard Institute’s Multimedia Editing Program
- Researched and wrote a 96-page media reference guide for the U.S. Department of State for the presidential visit of William J. Clinton to Vietnam
- Researched and wrote Sarah Josepha Hale: Making Female Education Fashionable for the Loyola Student Historical Journal
- Researched and wrote scripts and conducted on-air interviews for The Telegraph’s cable news program in Macon, Georgia
Social media users are the largest growing segment of the Internet. By effectively using social media channels to promote your message, your organization can create a solid social presence that will reach and grow your audience, inspire them to purchase your services, and recommend you and your website to others.
Social media strategy plan—the first step in creating an effective and efficient social media strategy. I will examine the existing social media strategy and provide detailed recommendations on what strategy should look like moving forward, with instructions on how to measure results. This strategy plan will involve researching competitors, identifying key markets and audiences, choosing the most appropriate social media channels to focus efforts, and crafting targeted messaging that will engage readers and potential clients and drive traffic to the website.
Ongoing social media management— for daily monitoring, weekly content, and monthly analysis and reports.
- Facebook content management:
- Daily monitoring
- Setup/enhancement of current page
- Weekly Facebook updates and engagement with audience (can tie updates to monthly blog theme, include photos, video and comments from events, answer reader questions and/or include promotions of products or services)
- Addition of Facebook Page Apps including YouTube, newsletter sign-up, etc.
- Additional ideas to be discussed (for possibly additional fees in addition to monthly fees), such as creating a Facebook contest or giveaway and/or creating targeted Facebook ads, using a prearranged budget of your choosing.
- Monthly calendar outlining posts sent each month for approval
- Monthly insights/analytics analyzed and summarized to provide information regarding how many “likes” posts have received, how many people have liked the page, how many have engaged with posts, etc., in order to achieve maximum promotion
- Twitter content management:
- Setup/enhancement of current page
- Monitoring of Twitter for related keywords, then pushing links/tweets to those talking about relevant topics
- Weekly Twitter updates/engagement, similar to those listed above for Facebook page
- Monthly calendar outlining Tweets sent each month for approval
- Monthly analytics analyzed and summarized to provide insight into how readers and potential clients are engaging with Tweets, which messages are most popular, and how best to direct efforts for maximum promotion
- Other channels to enhance could, depending on the outcome of research for the Social Media Plan, include YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, and various other channels.
SEO blog post or article of 4-500 words. These posts are designed to drive traffic, social media mentions and engagement, and enhance the value of your brand and services. Blog posts also give people a reason to visit your website and learn more about your services.
SEO mini-blog (or email blast or short article) of 150-200 words, distilled down from the blog post. These short posts serve as an introduction to new services, as a self-contained post inviting discussion and engagement, and/or as an informational tool to provide added value to readers. Mini-blogs can be posted on the website, on social media, and/or emailed to website subscribers.
Please contact me to discuss services and pricing customized for your business.